New Jersey winters can be brutally cold and uncomfortable! Keeping your Heating System running strong all winter long through regular maintenance, system tune-ups, and heating repair. It is important for your continued comfort from the cold and unbearable outside temperatures. At Coastal Refrigeration, we are committed to keeping our residential customers warm all winter long.
A fully functioning heating system is important for any New Jersey home, especially when the cold winter months roll around. Even if your system is only down for one day, it can be uncomfortable to be in that environment without any relief from the bitter cold. If you suspect you are having an issue with your furnace, or can’t get it to turn on, the team at Coastal Refrigeration is ready to help you get your system up and running ASAP.
What Are Common Problems That Require Heating Repair?
There are a handful of common issues that occur in modern heating systems. Knowing these common problems can help you to seek out a heating professional near you. Here is a quick breakdown of these common heating system problems.
- Furnace is cycling on and off – If your furnace is constantly cycling on and off, it can not only be annoying, it is also extremely inefficient for your system’s energy usage. A clogged air filter is often the culprit but a faulty thermostat may also cause this problem.
- Not producing any air– If you furnace simply isn’t working, it could be a power issue. Check to see if the power has been tripped. If this is not the issue it could be due to a motor being blown, the pilot light going out, or a thermostat that is no longer working.
- No warm air – If your furnace is blowing cold air, there are several parts that might need to be replaced or repaired including the thermostat, or pilot light. This can also be caused by a dirty or blocked filter.
- Cold and hot spots – If your home has cold and hot spots, it may be that your system can’t work effectively due to dirt and dust build up. If you have dirty coils and filters, this can cause your system to work inefficiently, this can cause these cold and hot spots. Regular heating tune ups can help avoid this issue.
- Higher energy bills – If your energy bill has increased without changing your system usage, it may be working overtime to provide the same temperatures which indicates and underlying issue. Blocked airflow is often the culprit.
- Loud noises – If you start to hear loud banging or other loud noises coming from your furnace or your vents, it could be that a part has come loose within the system.
- The fan or blower is running nonstop – If your fan never turns off and it is constantly running, you may need to check your thermostat settings. If this doesn’t work there is likely a more complicated underlying issue that will need to be addressed by a heating professional.
- Strong gas smell – If this is happening, call Coastal Refrigeration right away. This could indicate that there is a leak in your furnace’s heat exchanger which can be dangerous.
How Much Do Heating Repairs Cost?
Heating repair encompass a variety of different issues within a heating system. In order to give an estimate for repairs, the problem will need to be diagnosed by a technician. Some repairs will be simple while other repairs may require more substantial work and new parts for your heating system. Coastal Refrigeration offers free estimates for new system installation, maintenance, or service to an existing system. We can quickly identify the problem and get your system in working order as soon as possible.
How to Avoid Costly Heating Repair in the Future
No matter what kind of heating system you have or how new your furnace or boiler are, it should be inspected, cleaned, and serviced at least once a year. The best time to schedule a tune up is during the Fall, before the Winter months roll around. A heating system tune up will ensure that the system is working as intended and will avoid any hiccups during the time period where it needs to be running at peak performance.
Contact Coastal Refrigeration For Heating Repair
Since 2004, Coastal Refrigeration Corp. has been providing a variety of HVAC and home comfort services for residents and business owners throughout Monmouth and Ocean County New Jersey. We are dedicated to providing superior residential and commercial heating and cooling services, commercial refrigeration service and more. If you need a professional technician for heating repair, call 732-222-3828 or fill out our contact form.